Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kyle's Tennis Birthday Cake




I had the great pleasure in creating a cake for a very dear friends oldest child. Granted I was given free creative design and really no pressure. I really wanted to do this cake, firstly to gain more cake decorating experience and secondly to gauge the timing of doing cakes on my own.

I learnt a costly lesson, in using new items, DON'T DO IT..I tried to skip a step and buy a pre-made cake mix, it actually resulted in a super dry and crumby cake, so in the bin that went and a new mud cake from scratch was called for.

Armed with my trusty mud cake recipe, it was take 2, with success. I decided to make a square cake, inspired by Kyle's love of tennis. I also knew from many car journeys with Ms Toula that her husband often plays tennis with Kyle with very little skill.

Kyle's reaction was overwhelming and truly made the time spent absolutely worth it. He was amazed and said it was the best cake he had ever had. I guess that's my job done.

Until next time, Happy Baking xoxoKB

No comments:

Post a Comment