Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Amaya's 1st Birthday Cake

Its all about making the client happy at the end of the day, and whilst I was given a brief, this one topped the cake, it was a uber cute modern first birthday cake that had to feed around 70 people.

Amaya's First Birthday Cake

So a mushroom garden cake was made for my little niece Amaya to accompany her perfectly co-ordinated invitations and her dessert table. Given the response on the day, it definitely blew some people away, and the taste, well lets just say that mud cake has become my specialty. However, as hubby always says, " I can't just be a one-hit show" so next weekend I will be exploring with a few new flavours as well as cookies and it also marks the beginning of "my macaroon adventures" (this excites me the most, although there are many disaster stories i hear, which may make it a very short adventure). 

The Birthday dessert table

Until next time happy baking.....next on the cards are 40th anniversary cupcakes, bridal shower cupcakes, and possibly my first every wedding cake (I am still scoping whether I will have a satisfied bride at the end of it so am still scoping out the requirements)

Also, in my next blog post I will be sharing some tips on baking, which I have seriously learnt the hard way, this may assist you loyal followers who have said to me so many times...."i don't care about the decorating, I want to know how to bake...."

Enjoy

KB

2 comments:

  1. Wow Katie, Amaya's cake looks amazing! You are just getting better andbetter with every creation.

    Out of interest, how did you do the writing on the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many tricks are involved in cake decorating, the writing is done using a edible pen.

    ReplyDelete