Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stefanies 7th Birthday- I heart cake



Stefanie's 7th Bday cake

Stefanie had strict instructions that it had to be a heart cake, and the mum gave me the colour pallet, so what better than a exploding heart cake. I tend to forget how much preparation goes into a cake, preparing and colouring fondant and cutting out shapes needs to be done days before the assembly of the cake. It was a "heart attack" of fondant in my kitchen this week. Hubby was far from impressed with the places he has found, fondant, sugar and ganache. I guess this weekend will be spent mopping up the floors.

The cake & mini Love theme


mini cupcakes
Cake is chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache, baby cakes are red velvet with cheese cream frosting. This recipe is amazing, its been adapted from about 3 different recipes and dubbed "Connie & Katie's Amazing Red Velvet Cupcakes" Doesn't look like I am going to be able to share that recipe just yet with you all. It took us two attempt to perfect and lots of metric convertion charts.

I am hoping that this one is a hit with little Stefanie after all this is why I bake.

Until next time happy caking! xo KB

No comments:

Post a Comment