Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sophia's Christening Cake




Who would have thought doing a cake mid week would have caused so many head aches? I should have known, that juggling work, cake decorating and being a wife would have been a challenge. However, those who know me know that I am always up for a challenge.

Granted it took me a few attempts to get the cake itself the correct consistency, it was smooth sailing after that. Note to self, don't believe the cake decorating supply centre, a 10 inch board is not a 9 inch, I lost a day of decorating because I trusted him. I think this was a good lesson in learning to stock pile some essentials in case of last minute requests.

I was relatively pleased with this cake, I love the simplicity, and remember if it looks simple its usually harder as you can see the imperfection on a simple cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment