Friday, January 13, 2012

Its' a jungle out there....



My godson Jorge is turning 3...his birthday also coincides with our third wedding anniversary. He was the youngest attendee at our wedding, all of 3 days old. Three years later he is stll such a cutie, but very cheeky. I am really looking forward to piecing this all together for his birthday.

The theme is jungle, so I thought I would try something a little different, a buttercream character cake, inspired by all the cakes out there in the world wide web.

Finished pictures to come when the cake is baked, for now here are my star attractions drying out.

Until next time, happy baking

XoKB

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, where did you get the cut outs for the letters or did you do them freehand? The characters are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the cake put together. Thanks, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    The letters are actually done utilising a mould, if you PM me I can give you the details. Katie

    ReplyDelete