Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's up Katie? What was on my kitchen bench this week

As many of you living in Melbourne will know, this week was rather warm and not particularly favourable for fondant or ganache.  I have been continuing on with my figurine class and tried to do all my prep work before I left for Sydney on Wednesday. Sadly for me, I just could not find the time and ended up having to colour fondant late Wednesday night. Was not a happy camper.

Had another great class, feeling like I have the figurine structures down pat. There are some basic principles if you follow them then everything turns out great. I wasn't overly impressed with the head of the fairy, the one below is one that our teacher Pat (70 yo) prepared. Her face looks a little prehistoric, or possessed Im not to sure which one more. Overall turned out cute.


I also prepared some cupcakes for a birthday/ picnic for tomorrow. I wanted to really try out a new cake flavours and thought  that this was the perfect excuse to dress them up in fondant to fit the theme.
Always in a rush, I didn't let the white chocolate ganache set (silly given that it reached 40 degrees in Melbourne and it is WHITE chocolate). Luckily it wasn't for a client, otherwise I would have started again. I was really happy with the cake recipe so will have to add to the list of flavours as everyone has been asking me to add to the menu.




So welcome to the list
What's up Doc?
Moist carrot cake with white chocolate ganache or lemon white chocolate ganache.
Until next week...hope you are all staying cool !

xox 



No comments:

Post a Comment